This is a 36 hr formal Occupational First Aid Level 1/TE Instructor training program.
Prerequisites OFA L1 Instructor
- Be at least 19 years of age prior to instructor training
- Hold a current/valid Standard First Aid certificate or higher (preferred OFA L2 or L3)
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA Level 1 or, for OFA Level 1 equivalent course instructor candidates, have successfully participated in an OFA Level 1 equivalent course and scored 85% or higher on the written examination (i.e., achieve certification) not more than 6 months prior to initial instructor training
- Complete a WorkSafeBC Jurisprudence Package.
- Hold a valid OFA Level 1 or equivalent instructor certificate
- Hold a valid OFA Level 3 or equivalent first aid certificate
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA TE or equivalent TE course not more than 6 months prior to initial TE instructor training (i.e., achieve certification).
All candidates will receive the most up to date Instructor Guide (s) and student manual (s)
The formal Occupational First Aid Level 2/3 Instructor training is at least 70 hrs in length and will have at least 5 candidates.
- Hold a valid OFA Level 2, Level 3 or equivalent first aid certificate or a current emergency pre-hospital care attendant certificate or license (course consisting of 70 hours or more) and have held it for at least the preceding four years
- Participate in a complete OFA Level 3 or, a complete OFA Level 3 equivalent course and successfully complete the examination, not more than 6 months prior to participating in the initial instructor training process
- Achieve 85% or greater on each part of the OFA Level 3 or equivalent examination.