This is a 24 hr formal Occupational First Aid Level 1/TE Instructor training program. The Instructor School will follow the new 2018 curriculum.
There will be a 2 day Train the Trainer Program (Fundamentals of Instruction - Red Cross certified). After successful completion of the Train the Trainer Program, there will be a 2 day WorkSafeBC OFA L1 Instructor School Program.
A maximum of 8 students are allowed in the Program.
Prerequisites OFA L1 Instructor
- Be at least 19 years of age prior to instructor training
- Hold a current/valid Standard First Aid certificate or higher (preferred OFA L2 or L3)
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA Level 1 or, for OFA Level 1 equivalent course instructor candidates, have successfully participated in an OFA Level 1 equivalent course and scored 85% or higher on the written examination (i.e., achieve certification) not more than 6 months prior to initial instructor training
- Complete a WorkSafeBC Jurisprudence Package.
- Hold a valid OFA Level 1 or equivalent instructor certificate
- Hold a valid OFA Level 3 or equivalent first aid certificate
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA TE or equivalent TE course not more than 6 months prior to initial TE instructor training (i.e., achieve certification).
All candidates will receive the most up to date Instructor Guide (s) and student manual (s)