This is a 36 hr formal Occupational First Aid Level 1/TE Instructor training program.
Prerequisites OFA L1 Instructor
To be an instructor of an OFA Level 1 or equivalent course, an instructor candidate must:
- Be at least 19 years of age prior to instructor training
- Hold a current/valid Standard First Aid certificate or higher (preferred OFA L2 or L3)
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA Level 1 or, for OFA Level 1 equivalent course instructor candidates, have successfully participated in an OFA Level 1 equivalent course and scored 85% or higher on the written examination (i.e., achieve certification) not more than 6 months prior to initial instructor training
- Complete a WorkSafeBC Jurisprudence Package.
Prerequisites Transportation Endorsement Instructor
To be an instructor of the Transportation Endorsement (TE) or equivalent course, a candidate must:
- Hold a valid OFA Level 1 or equivalent instructor certificate
- Hold a valid OFA Level 3 or equivalent first aid certificate
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA TE or equivalent TE course not more than 6 months prior to initial TE instructor training (i.e., achieve certification).
Prior to an agency issuing instructor certification authorizing the instructor to start instructing on their own, all candidates must be assessed for competency.
All candidates will receive the most up to date Instructor Guide (s) and student manual (s)