This is 31 hr instructional program with comprehensive first aid and CPR techniques and scenarios for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in a marine setting.
Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E. Designed for any person who wants to obtain a Masters or Officers certificate or endorsement, or those that are designated to provide first aid on board a vessel engaged on coastal voyage, class one or unlimited voyage. Covers advanced first aid techniques in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR/AED level HCP), sudden medical emergencies, oxygen administration, and injuries to the head and/or spine.
Participants must have a Transport Canada issued Candidate Document Number (CDN).
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the MAFA skills
- Ability to complete a knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 80%
- Must meet additional legislative requirements, if applicable
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
- Instructors can facilitate the knowledge evaluation as legislation dictates and/or as participants require
- Valid for 3 years