This is a 24 hr formal Occupational First Aid Level 1 Instructor training program. The Instructor School will follow the new 2018 curriculum.
There will be a 2 day Train the Trainer Program (Fundamentals of Instruction – Red Cross certified). After successful completion of the Train the Trainer Program, there will be a 2 day WorkSafeBC OFA L1 Instructor School Program.
A maximum of 8 students are allowed in the Program.
Prerequisites OFA L1 Instructor
- Be at least 19 years of age prior to instructor training
- Hold a current/valid Standard First Aid certificate or higher (preferred OFA L2 or L3)
- Have successfully participated in a complete OFA Level 1 or, for OFA Level 1 equivalent course instructor candidates, have successfully participated in an OFA Level 1 equivalent course and scored 85% or higher on the written examination (i.e., achieve certification) not more than 6 months prior to initial instructor training
- Complete a WorkSafeBC Jurisprudence Package.
All candidates will receive the most up to date Instructor Guide (s) and student manual (s)
After completing the Train the Trainer – Red Cross Fundamentals of Instruction – the candidate is able to continue with becoming a Red Cross Instructor for Standard First Aid Instructor or First Responder/Emergency Medical Responder Instructor, if holding a valid ticket in the course desired. Please contact Be Prepared for more information.
The formal Occupational First Aid Level 2/3 Instructor training is at least 70 hrs in length and will have at least 5 candidates.
- Hold a valid OFA Level 2, Level 3 or equivalent first aid certificate or a current emergency pre-hospital care attendant certificate or license (course consisting of 70 hours or more) and have held it for at least the preceding four years
- Participate in a complete OFA Level 3 or, a complete OFA Level 3 equivalent course and successfully complete the examination, not more than 6 months prior to participating in the initial instructor training process
- Achieve 85% or greater on each part of the OFA Level 3 or equivalent examination.
WorkSafeBC OFA L1/TE Instructor Update 2018 Abbotsford
WorkSafeBC OFA L1/TE Update 2018 Abbotsford – deadline?
How does this affect you?